We’re now very close to the top of the list on our #TBT (Throw Back Thursday) countdown of the top ten all time most popular posts here at CBC-Network.org.
This week’s entry, #2, is a first-person account of egg “donation” gone wrong. It is a powerful testimony, and not surprising that it has been viewed more than only one other item on our site.
From “Woman X: My Story as an Egg Donor”
I had seen ads in the free entertainment newspaper paying “$3,000 for Egg Donors” I was only making $10,000 to $12,000 a year, so this seemed like a fortune to me. And why not make money from something I wasn’t using?
Everything seemed to go well.
During the stimulation, I had the slightest abdominal swelling and wonderful feelings. I felt fertile, powerful, and strong. The process of growing these eggs felt beautiful, and for the first time in years I felt confident that I was doing something meaningful.
But then . . .
Eight days after the retrieval, I woke with a searing pain in my lower abdomen. It felt my insides were being tied tightly with a string. I tried to get out of bed and fainted from the pain.
Read on to find out the rest of the story, and what has happened since.
Top Ten Most Popular Posts
10. “Babies without Sex” by Jennifer Lahl, March 2012
9. “The Giver and Our Not So Dystopian Society” by Christopher White, August 2014
8. “Money Changes Everything” by Jennifer Lahl, May 2012
7. “Message to Governor Bobby Jindal: Women are Mothers not Breeders,” May 2014
6. “Experience of an Anonymous Egg Donor,” April 2010
5. “Thinking About Donating Your Eggs? Think Again,” February 2010
4. “The Trouble with Transhumanism” by Wesley Smith, August 2011
3. “’Savior Siblings’ Start Us Down Harrowing Ethical Path,” by Wesley J. Smith, March 2011
2. “Woman X: My Story as an Egg Donor,” May 2009
- Sperm Donation2022.03.15Venus Rising with Edward Saulig: Reflections of a Sperm Donor
- Bioethics2022.03.13Dr. C. Ben Mitchell: 2022 Ramsey Award Winner
- #BigFertility2022.03.10Documentary Explores One Woman’s Journey through Egg Donation
- Bioethics2022.03.09Questioning the “Science” of the Gender Industry