Jennifer Schneider, M.D., Ph.D., is a physician certified in Internal Medicine, Addiction Medicine and Pain Management. She is the author of 15 books and has published numerous articles in professional journals.
Not only is Jennifer impressive academically, but she is also a loving mother. This is the intersection where the CBC and Dr. Schneider meets. Jennifer’s daughter, Jessica, is featured in our film Eggsploitation. Jessica tragically passed away just before her 32nd birthday from colon cancer.
As a student at Stanford and Columbia, Jessica was persuaded to donate her eggs on three separate occasions. Now, Dr. Schneider worries about the welfare of other women who are egg donors. The fertility drugs used during Jessica’s egg donation cycles could have contributed to her cancer and early passing. Join us today as we talk with Dr. Schneider about her daughter’s legacy as well as her own work in exposing the lack of research on the long-term risks for egg donors. Like Dr. Schneider, we are concerned that there are many more women who have donated eggs and have suffered from an early cancer diagnosis.
- Important publication by Dr. Schneider, Jennifer Lahl and Wendy Kramer
- Jessica’s Memorial Website
- Jessica’s personal website with links to some of her music
- You can watch our documentaries Maggie’s Story and Eggsploitation free on Amazon Prime at: https://amzn.to/2K7Svou and https://amzn.to/2Q3NelW
Be sure to tune in and give one or all of our episodes a listen, and share them with your friends. You can hear from people like Nick Isel, who was engineered by a eugenicist to be a genius baby, or from Crystal Schnurr, whose experience freezing her eggs has left her with some serious health complications.
Have questions about something you heard on Venus Rising? Have a comment or suggestion? We’d love to hear from you.
Email us at email@example.com
- Sperm Donation2022.03.15Venus Rising with Edward Saulig: Reflections of a Sperm Donor
- Bioethics2022.03.13Dr. C. Ben Mitchell: 2022 Ramsey Award Winner
- #BigFertility2022.03.10Documentary Explores One Woman’s Journey through Egg Donation
- Bioethics2022.03.09Questioning the “Science” of the Gender Industry