Well there is no sex, or very little of it as the embryos in debate have most often been produced in the sterile, unromantic, sexless laboratory. Lies, well there is a whole load of them. And as to videotapes, well we can thank google for documenting the myriad hairy audacious lies and untruths. So, thanks to google (and some sex!) Texas and Virginia are busy passing legislature which begins statewide cord blood banking depositories and registries. And then you have bozos like Art Caplan and Glenn McGee, who hail from Pennsylvania, and should know better, saying things like this! Wesley Smith has been blogging on this too as we are all so incredulous about the lies in this piece.
1. The majority of Americans oppose therapeutic embryo cloning research. The great embryo stem cell debate is a debate over cloning of embryos for research. Always has been.
2. The spinal cord successes of Woo Suk Hwang in a female patient were from umbilical cord stem cells.
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception
- Surrogacy2023.05.09Even War in Ukraine Won’t Stop Big Fertility
- Surrogacy2023.04.11The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous