Another new fad (read- hyped up scheme to make others rich) is the business of freezing human eggs. Part of the marketing of this new business is luring women into thinking they can have it all. It’s called ‘social’ egg freezing vs. women who freeze their eggs before undergoing chemotherapy for cancer treatments.
Mr. Right hasn’t come along yet. No problem! Freeze your eggs and when he shows up, you’ll be ready. Don’t want to put your career on hold. No problem! Freeze your eggs and when that career is off and running, you can take those eggs out of the freezer when you are ready for them.
Fortunately, there is this piece in the Telegraph today which gets the facts out.
“The live birth rate could be as low as two per cent per thawed egg . . .” Makes sense that the best eggs are fresh.
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception
- Surrogacy2023.05.09Even War in Ukraine Won’t Stop Big Fertility
- Surrogacy2023.04.11The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous