Many women are continuing to suffer the side effects long after taking their last dose even though their doctor and the pharmaceutical company states that the side effects should go away within 3-6 months. Side effects include but are not limited to: hot flashes, memory loss, tachycardia, hematura, hypotension, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, depression, Vitamin D deficiency, constant gnawing bone/joint pain, osteoarthritis, osteopenia, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, autoimmune diseases, blood disorders, cancer and many others including death and yet not one long term study has been conducted.
It is devastating to us that we agreed to take an FDA approved drug under the care of our physician whom we trusted only to find ourselves sicker than you could imagine —- in pain and unable to get the proper treatment or even believed that Lupron caused our problems.
We hereby request that an investigation be undertaken into the short term and long term effects of Lupron on women. We further request that all outcomes and results of such trials be released and published so that both patients and doctors alike may have the benefit of all the information regarding this drug.
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception
- Surrogacy2023.05.09Even War in Ukraine Won’t Stop Big Fertility
- Surrogacy2023.04.11The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous