Professor Ian Rogers, Associate Scientist and Assistant Professor at the Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital at the University of Toronto, Canada, will be one of our keynote speakers, at our Banking on Life: Cord Blood Stem Cells – the Future of Regenerative Medicine Conference held May 2, 2009, in San Francisco.
Dr. Rogers research is focused on the development of umbilical cord blood stem cells for broad therapeutic research. The talk is titled Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine: A Comparison Between Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cells, Embryonic Stem Cells and Induced Pluripotent Cells. Research has demonstrated that umbilical cord blood stem cells have the potential to give rise to non-blood cells such as bone, neural and endothelial cells. This is a wonderful breakthrough in the regenerative capacity of cord blood cells. His laboratory currently is working on cell-based therapies for Type I Diabetes.
Join us May 2, 2009 at this important conference to:
- Learn from the leaders and experts in the field of cord blood research
- Network with others involved in cord blood banking
- Earn continuing medical credit for doctors and nurses
- Meet patient advocates working for those who will benefit from cord blood research and therapies
We must promote banking of cord blood, encourage funding of research using cord blood stem cells and raise awareness of the many diseases where cord blood is helping patients today! So please, join us on May 2, 2009, for Banking on Life: Cord Blood Stem Cells – the Future of Regenerative Medicine. Register now as space is limited.
Cord Blood Research Advances and Treatments in the News
- Examining the Importance of Banking ‘Cord Blood Stem Cells’
- Qatar to Get Cord-Blood Bank, Thanks to Virgin’s Branson
- Infant Blood Donation Helps Save Lives
- NBB Collects 6,674 Umbilical Cord Blood Stems Last Year
- Sperm Donation2022.03.15Venus Rising with Edward Saulig: Reflections of a Sperm Donor
- Bioethics2022.03.13Dr. C. Ben Mitchell: 2022 Ramsey Award Winner
- #BigFertility2022.03.10Documentary Explores One Woman’s Journey through Egg Donation
- Bioethics2022.03.09Questioning the “Science” of the Gender Industry