A busy media time as the baby business is bustling. Approximately 8 million U.S. women suffering from some type of infertility. Are we playing God? You tell me. Listen hear to the interview I did with PBS on their Religion and Ethics Newsweekly program. Debora Spar of Harvard, is also on the program–You may recall my review of her book, “The Baby Business”. Also, my radio interview here from last week on similar issues. And finally a SHOUT OUT for:
Have you experienced any problems associated with egg “donation” ? Do you know someone who has undergone egg extraction and later developed a reproductive cancer, infertility, or other health problem? We are interested in knowing the stories of women who have been harmed by this practice so that women considering whether or not to donate their eggs for research can be adequately informed and forewarned. I’d like to hear from you!
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception
- Surrogacy2023.05.09Even War in Ukraine Won’t Stop Big Fertility
- Surrogacy2023.04.11The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous