Hatch and Feinstein have introduced their newest version of their anti human cloning ban which legalises human cloning! Wesley Smith has a great piece on this bill here.
It’s called the human cloning ban and stem cell protection act of 2007. The bill also specifically “protects women egg donors” by making sure big biotech isn’t buying eggs but women can be compensated for their troubles. Of course no mention anywhere in the bill about the real dangers to women–like stroke, death, premature loss of fertility, or reproductive cancer.
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Surrogacy2023.09.12Surrogacy Scandals Continue
- Surrogacy2023.06.27When Surrogacy Goes Badly, There Are Never Any Winners
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception