I have been absolutely slammed since January 20. Media calls, radio interviews, Senate testimony in Atlanta, and way too much travel. So, needless to say, I’m behind in posting on The Human Future. A little bit of catch up on all the news to date as the Obama Stem Cell Drama unfolds.
An editorial in the New York Times: The Rules on Stem Cells
No surprises here that the rush to fund embryonic stem cell research will not payoff (if at all) for years: Stem Cell Payoff Wait’s Decades Not Days
This lab in Texas is ‘too busy’ working on adult stem cells to work on embryonic stem cells in this article: Obama opens up stem cell work
And Geron, poised to begin the first human clinical trial using embryonic stem cells is warned by doctors that their ‘
/10470613.html”>Stem Cell Trial Risky‘
While others rightly warn that Obama’s executive order ignores the advances in stem cell science and his decision is behind the Cell Curve.
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception
- Surrogacy2023.05.09Even War in Ukraine Won’t Stop Big Fertility
- Surrogacy2023.04.11The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous