FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Betraying the voters: Panel of University and business experts want
Less than a year later, The California Council on Science and Technology is recommending that
The Center for Bioethics and Culture (www.thecbc.org) has always
objected to Prop. 71 for ethical reasons as well as the fiscal
recklessness. Wesley Smith calls this “A Betrayal of the Voters; a Proposition 71 Bait and Switch.”
California Voters were promised the research would pay for itself and state residents would end up paying less for health care.
Proposition 71 passed based on these promises. Today,
is being faced with the possibility of receiving zero profit and a deeper fiscal crisis.
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- ArticleSeptember 25, 2023The Little Engine That Could
- SurrogacySeptember 12, 2023Surrogacy Scandals Continue
- SurrogacyJune 27, 2023When Surrogacy Goes Badly, There Are Never Any Winners
- Gender IdentityMay 30, 2023Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents