In vitro technologies are finally coming under attack. It is not all rosey news for the children and their parents. For example:
- American researchers revealed that by the time children born of parents with infertility problems were six, they had four times the risk of developing autism. They also had nearly three times the risk of serious disorders such as cerebral palsy and cancer.
- Finnish research showed the toll IVF techniques take on the mother’s health as well; 14 per cent of women who had undergone IVF treatment ended up in hospital with serious complications such as miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy and side-effects from drug treatments.
See this in the London Daily Mail today for the full story:
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception
- Surrogacy2023.05.09Even War in Ukraine Won’t Stop Big Fertility
- Surrogacy2023.04.11The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous