Venus Rising has launched into other atmospheres!! You can now find Venus Rising on your favorite streaming platform! That’s right, you can listen to episodes of Venus Rising on Spotify, Google Play, Podomatic, and even iTunes!!!
The good news doesn’t stop there… Today we air a BRAND NEW episode!!!! Join us as we travel across the pond to talk to England’s own, Gary Powell! Gary is a LGB activist, public administration campaigner, and an original signer of the Stop Surrogacy Now statement. Gary was tutored in Philosophy by the Rt Hon Baroness Mary Warnock, a specialist in reproductive ethics whose inquiry led to the UK Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990. Listen in as we find out why, as a gay man, Gary opposes surrogacy.
Our goal is to create conversation and facilitate discussion as we tackle bioethical issues that most profoundly affect our humanity. Miss an episode? All previous episodes are also available on Spotify, Google Play, Podomatic, and iTunes. If you haven’t already, make sure you listen to Episode 002 with Taina Bien-Aimé. Ms. Bien-Aimé is the Executive Director of the Coalition Against Trafficking in Women and she was a founding member of Equality Now. She has dedicated her career to end violence and discrimination against women and girls around the world. Her passion is inspiring!
Episode 004 will be available on Friday, October 18th! Will you join us to think beyond the masses?
Have questions about something you heard on Venus Rising? Have a comment or suggestion? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kallie Fell, MS, BSN, RN, started her professional career as a scientist in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center utilizing a Master of Science degree in Animal Sciences with an emphasis on Reproductive Physiology and Molecular Biology from Purdue University. While assisting in the investigation of endometriosis and pre-term birth, Kallie simultaneously pursued a degree in nursing with hopes of working with women as a perinatal nurse. After meeting Jennifer at a conference, Kallie became interested in the work of the Center for Bioethics and Culture and started volunteering with the organization. It is obvious that Kallie is passionate about women’s health. She continues to work, as she has for the past 6 years, as a perinatal nurse and has worked with the CBC since 2018, first as a volunteer writer, then as our staff Research Associate, and now as the Executive Director. In 2021, Kallie co-directed the CBC’s newest documentary, Trans Mission: What’s the Rush to Reassign Gender? Kallie also hosts the popular podcast Venus Rising and is the Program Director for the Paul Ramsey Institute.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.03.21In‐Hospital Complications in Pregnancies Conceived by Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Faking Life2023.03.07‘Spare Parts’ From Human Clones: Is This the Answer to the Fountain of Youth? We Think Not!
- Surrogacy2023.02.07TikTok and the Truth About Surrogacy
- Venus Rising2022.10.11Venus Rising with Meghan Murphy