On this #GivingTuesday, we humbly ask that you consider supporting our work. While we can’t ignore that our work requires funding, we also recognize that advocacy takes a variety of forms. With that in mind, here are some ideas for how you can support the CBC through the gift of not just money, but time.
The Gift of Money
If you’re on the fence about giving through Facebook, you might want to know that Facebook has partnered with PayPal to match donations made on Facebook to nonprofits up to a total of $7 million. Also, donations made on Facebook to nonprofit organizations using the Facebook payments platform aren’t charged fees, so 100% of the money raised goes to our cause.
Dollar for dollar, your support goes directly to getting the job done! Here are a few ideas for how a donation of any amount can be impactful.
- $10-12: If you’ve watched one of our films for free on Amazon Prime, consider donating this small amount, which is the equivalent of purchasing the “stream anytime” option for our films on Vimeo.
- $500: For as little as $500 we can translate, subtitle, and upload the subtitles to #BigFertility: It’s All About the Money so that we can reach people around the world. Subtitles are available in English, Español, and Français, and translation into Italian is currently underway. Will you create a Facebook fundraiser with a $500 goal, or donate half and create a fundraiser to match the remaining $250?
Your donations allow us to continue producing films, speak to international audiences and government officials, and advocate for people who have fallen victim to industries like surrogacy.
The Gift of Time
- 2 minutes: Share our Facebook fundraiser with a personal comment about why you support the CBC, or something you’ve learned from following us.
- 15 minutes: Create your own Facebook fundraiser for the CBC. Click here for instructions on starting a Facebook fundraiser. It’s quick and easy, and we welcome fundraisers with any goal amount!
- 45 minutes: Watch one our films, then share the video link to your Facebook with a comment of something you learned from it, or why it was impactful. Several are free with Amazon Prime, including#BigFertility: It’s All About the Money (links available here).
- 1 hour: Enter the #MyGivingStory contest through Nov. 30 for the chance to win up to $10,000 for the CBC! Create a personal essay and photo (150-1200 words) or video (between 30 seconds and 5 minutes) that shares why you give back or how someone else’s generosity influenced you.
Creating a Facebook fundraiser:
- Go to https://fb.com/fund/cbcnetwork/, which will automatically select the CBC as the beneficiary of your fundraiser
- Enter your goal amount and end date
- Consider setting $500 (the cost of a film translation) as your goal amount, but we welcome fundraisers of any amount. You don’t have to reach the goal for the CBC to receive the money!
- Add a title and tell your story
- If you can, take a few minutes to write a personal note or description in the “Why are you raising money?” section to make your fundraiser stand out.
- Be sure to include #GivingTuesday in your description
- Pick a cover photo and then click “Create”
- Don’t like the images available? Use ours! (Also available below.)
- Right click to save it to your computer. When creating your fundraiser, click “edit” in the bottom right corner of the preview image and select “upload new photo.”
- Share and invite friends to give to your fundraiser!
Of course, we realize not everyone will have time to create and share a fundraiser. Please don’t let that stop you from giving! Just click here to donate and be a part of #GivingTuesday.
- Sperm Donation2022.03.15Venus Rising with Edward Saulig: Reflections of a Sperm Donor
- Bioethics2022.03.13Dr. C. Ben Mitchell: 2022 Ramsey Award Winner
- #BigFertility2022.03.10Documentary Explores One Woman’s Journey through Egg Donation
- Bioethics2022.03.09Questioning the “Science” of the Gender Industry