On Tuesday, October 30, I will be hosting a screening of our latest documentary film, #BigFertility, at the CBC offices. If you are in or near the Bay Area, please come and join us!
We’ll have plenty of refreshments, we’ll watch the film, and there will be an opportunity for Q&A.
This will be a great opportunity for you to introduce the CBC to friends who might be interested in our work. It will also be a chance for you to explore the issues of surrogacy and third-party reproduction, and the ethics of these new technologies.
The event is free, but PLEASE RSVP to email@example.com so that we know who will be there. Space is limited!
Kelly Martinez served as a surrogate mother for three different couples and was threatened with financial ruin after nearly dying during her third surrogacy. But each of her surrogacy journeys had a price to pay. Kelly’s story exemplifies everything that is wrong with the distorted version of fertility medicine that is #BigFertility. It truly is all about the money.
I look forward to seeing you on Oct. 30!
PS: If you’re on Facebook, you can use the Event we’ve created there to share it with your friends.
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
The Center for Bioethics and Culture
3380 Vincent Road
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- ArticleSeptember 25, 2023The Little Engine That Could
- SurrogacySeptember 12, 2023Surrogacy Scandals Continue
- SurrogacyJune 27, 2023When Surrogacy Goes Badly, There Are Never Any Winners
- Gender IdentityMay 30, 2023Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents