I’ve always said that it will take a good old class action lawsuit to make changes in the reproductive-medicine-gone-wild world. And that is just what has happened up in British Columbia. Oh Canada!
Here’s the scoop. Olivia Pratten, a 26 year old woman, created by anonymous sperm donation wants to know who her daddy is. Here is what she knows about her biological father:
A positive blood
Medical student (seems a lot of medical students fund their education by selling their sperm)
Dr. Korn, who performed the artificial insemination, still has Olivia’s records and she is seeking access to HER file.
Olivia states, “Everybody else – the doctor, the donor, my mother, her husband – was a consenting adult,” says Ms. Pratten. “But I was just born into this. And now I have to live with all these decisions that were made before I was born.”
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception
- Surrogacy2023.05.09Even War in Ukraine Won’t Stop Big Fertility
- Surrogacy2023.04.11The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous