Germany, has had some of the best policies addressing stem cell research. With the recent announcement of the break through, the Germans have said they will invest more funding in adult stem cell research.
Still the German laws have been fiercely attacked with the usual rhetoric and are set to be reviewed in Parliament in 2008. Here are the usual complaints the Germans have to deal with regarding their current law:
They are luddites and will lose their talent to other countries with permissive laws
The will fall behind the rest of the world
They are controlled by a pro life, conservative, ideology
Well the new scientific break through is not anti-science, is a brilliant new discovery, that can lead the way to cures for sick people. Something all people on both sides of the political aisle can get behind!
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception
- Surrogacy2023.05.09Even War in Ukraine Won’t Stop Big Fertility
- Surrogacy2023.04.11The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous