I have many new heroes and friends who I shared my hurricane Wilma experience with. I have so many to thank, so many I am grateful for and to. We so often hear the negative stories and so quickly look to find someone to blame for our circumstances. The human future is built on our celebration of life, our willingness to sacrificially lay down our life for another, carrying one another’s burdens and unconditional service to our fellow human beings. Here is David Smith, General Manager of the Hilton Hotel in Cancun Mexico. When we first saw David, he was plunging toilets to unblock the septic tanks. Then he came into our classroom (we had been evacuated to a school) to give us a hurricane update. He introduced himself as the hotel GM. My husband said, “Oh you’re the plunger guy!” David was the exemplar of servant leadership. Thank you David. We are forever grateful to you!
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- Gender Identity2023.05.30Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents
- Assisted Reproductive Technology2023.05.16My Remarks At Harvard Regarding Third-Party Conception
- Surrogacy2023.05.09Even War in Ukraine Won’t Stop Big Fertility
- Surrogacy2023.04.11The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous