Many people are concerned about the destructive use of embryos for scientific research. Feminists, pro-life religious folks, and environmentalists to name just a few. The wonderful news, which you rarely hear about in the mainstream press (whatever that is!), just won’t tell you there are many other ways to do this important and promising research without compromising human dignity!
Embryo-Free Techniques Gain Momentum
Science, Vol 309, Issue 5732, 240-241 , 8 July 2005
“Ethical concerns about research involving embryos have been driving the
search for other ways to derive stem cells, and results may soon be on
- Jennifer Lahl, MA, BSN, RN, is founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. Lahl couples her 25 years of experience as a pediatric critical care nurse, a hospital administrator, and a senior-level nursing manager with a deep passion to speak for those who have no voice. Lahl’s writings have appeared in various publications including Cambridge University Press, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, and the American Journal of Bioethics. As a field expert, she is routinely interviewed on radio and television including ABC, CBS, PBS, and NPR. She is also called upon to speak alongside lawmakers and members of the scientific community, even being invited to speak to members of the European Parliament in Brussels to address issues of egg trafficking; she has three times addressed the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on egg and womb trafficking.
- ArticleSeptember 25, 2023The Little Engine That Could
- SurrogacySeptember 12, 2023Surrogacy Scandals Continue
- SurrogacyJune 27, 2023When Surrogacy Goes Badly, There Are Never Any Winners
- Gender IdentityMay 30, 2023Fertility Preservation in “Transgender” Children and Adolescents